Writing a Character Analysis Essay
Let us start off with answering the question on the top of your mind - Why do we need to even write a character analysis essay? The purpose of writing such an essay is to compile a clear idea and detailed summary of a character described in any literary work. The college students often are asked to write such character analysis essays to see how much they are capable of seeing beyond what is already mentioned in the original text. It is imperative to look at not just the physical appearance of the character you choose to write about in your essay, but also about some motivation behind picking it. If you also provide some information about the plot of the story precisely, it would help in accurate description of the character been fit in the described story.
Looking at a character analysis essay sample, did you feel that it is too difficult for you? We are here to help you writing character analysis essay with easy steps, followed by the guidelines. In the content that follows, you will find 2 things primarily:
- Steps to write character analysis essay
- Quick guidelines
Steps to write character analysis essay:
1. Read the text thoroughly: This is not just the first step to initiate well, but also to make sure you are capturing all the important details that you need for your essay. Read the entire content thoroughly and try to take a deeper look at the actions, struggles in the plot as well as the way all the relationships are built around the characters. You need to make sure not missing this step as this helps in framing the character analysis essay outline.
2. Read twice: Try reading the entire context 2nd time, as just in one time you might miss some of the content which you would be in a position to grab in the 2nd time only. This might be a time-taking step but it is very critical to make sure your essay looks complete.
3. Write about physical appearance: Note down everything that the physical appearance of your chosen character reflects. If you could pick some lines from the book itself and quote wherever necessary, it gives a good impression about your thorough reading. But, do not forget to describe your personal analysis about those quotes before and after mentioning each one of them.
4. Include background details: Mentioning about when and where the character was born, performed certain actions, about family and about other significant facts would catch the reader’s interest. Also include any information available about the education, skills or traits of the character. Do not miss including anything that gives a better picture of character’s physical as well as behavioral presence.
5. Personality insight: This is last yet most important reason for mentioning all the points above. If you could write something about the personality traits of the character, writing about some instances where he/she dealt in a different way, because of which you found them worthy picking up, would leave a lasting impression. This is the primary step for getting the reader’s understand why you picked the character.
6. Relationship analysis: Try to present any relevant analysis about relationships around your character. This is significant to mention as reader’s connect with the character you chose through reading about all the relationships he/she has and the way he/she deals with them.
7. Struggle story: Making a detailed presentation about all the problems or struggles your character faced and overcame in the plot is an important text you should not miss. These actions reveal a lot about the character’s personality and help readers shape up a figure of the character. Be very careful in this step, as this might make or break the character’s image.
8. Present evidences: Just writing about something you felt about your character isn’t sufficient. The readers need proper evidences from the original text to understand how realistic your study was and how much you have understood the character in originality and this is also to prove that you're reading has not lead to any misunderstanding about the character or the story-line.
9. Define motivational point: Do not forget about why you picked this character and not anyone else form the plot. This is your chance to explain the way you personally analyze things and what motivates you in your life. Taking the support of character analysis essay, you not just get an opportunity to receive good grades or applause but also get a chance to let people know who you are and on what lines you personally think.
10. Introduction and Conclusion: This is a must-have in a good essay. Starting with an effective introduction breaks the ice and opens the arguments and a clean conclusion helps the readers be left with a clear summary statement, about your reason behind picking the character and to what extent that was justified.
After having written your character analysis essay page, forgetting to read the quick guidelines might result into a loose-ended essay, missing impact and ground. The below rules are necessary to put your content into the right character analysis essay format. Make sure to check on the below points, as these few seconds you invest might result into a great essay coming out.
- Write a thesis statement in your introduction to quickly set a tone
- Use atleast one quotation from the original text
- Document the quotation properly in the mentioned writing style
- Keep your document in 12-point font and double-spaced
- Give a title
- Write atleast 1 full page, but do not stretch more than 2 pages in total
- Avoid any slang or uncommon words of language
- Avoid any typing or grammar errors. Proofread well
Character analysis essay writing is a skillful art and after recently looking at a character analysis essay example you realized that it needs some practice before you are able to come up with a good and impressive essay. We understand that this might be the very first time you are going to face writing the character analysis essay and need either a strong hand-holding or someone else to write for you. We are right here to do both, as we have a vast experience and expertise in providing one of the most skillfully and artistically written character analysis essays, which guarantee putting you in limelight in the class. Request some examples of character analysis essays and we guarantee that just by looking at a sample character analysis essay you would get a fair idea of giving no effort from your end, as we perform all the actions from picking the best character for you to providing an end-to-end analysis you might have learnt being genius in only after several practice sessions, of course, losing good grades in return.
Do not know exactly what you need?
To make sure we have the writer for your assignment, send us everything you have and our expert writers will evaluate your request and generate a free quote!Free Quote