What you need to know when writing an argumentative essay
The argumentative essay is a type of writing that will require the writer to choose a topic and establish a specific position. A sample argumentative essay will oblige you to investigate your arguments relating to the topic that you have chosen. Aside from this, you will also need to collect and evaluate evidences that will strengthen your position regarding a topic.
Some people find it hard to write this type of essay. Most people feel that this essay is very complicated. Because of this, a lot of people tend to look for examples of argumentative essays online. Argumentative essay examples can guide you in the whole writing process. The problem is that no matter how many sample argumentative essays you find, you need to know the guidelines and specifications in writing this type of essay.
Argumentative essay prompts you to research extensively before you start writing. Most of the time, this essay is given as the final project in a course. Just like what we have mentioned earlier, this essay needs extensive research. In fact, you will need to have advanced writing skills for this. You can see this by browsing argumentative essays examples. A sample of argumentative essay is usually lengthy and detailed.
Guidelines, specifications and tips that you should know
- Just like what we have mentioned earlier, you need to do extensive research when writing an argumentative essay outline example. You will need to find reliable and related materials to help support your arguments in your paper. Extensive and detailed research is vital in order to understand the topic that you have chosen. All the sources that you will use should be able to allow you to strengthen your position in the topic at hand.
- In an argumentative essay sample, you will see that the researcher and writer used different methods in collecting pertinent data such as observation, experiments and the likes.
- A good argumentative essay example contains a clear and straight to the point thesis. This is despite the fact that there are a lot of arguments that may arise because of the sources the writer used. Your paper should still have a sound reasoning.
- A good example of argumentative essay should be concise, clear and organized. The thesis statement should be found in the first paragraph of the paper. This is important in order for the readers to know right away what the paper is all about. In the first paragraph, you need to be able to be firm on what you really want to rely to the readers.
- Great examples of an argumentative essay should be able to tell the readers right away why the topic that you have chosen is important and relevant. You should be able to explain why the readers should care about the topic at hand. This is important to stir curiosity on the paper that you have written.
- Argumentative essay samples should always be logical. Also, just like what we have mentioned above, you should be able to provide the readers the general idea in the first paragraph. Because of this, it is very important that the structure and points are well-organized.
- A good example argumentative essay has a good transition. Each paragraph should be interlinked well even if you are discussing a different point for each paragraph. This is very important for the cohesiveness of your paper.
- An example of an argumentative essay that was well written should be able to provide good evidences and support that will explain your topic, argument or claim.
- As a rule, each paragraph of your essay should only discuss one idea. This is important in order to be able to fully focus on the important points. This will also improve the paper’s direction and clarity as well.
- Do not forget that each paragraph in your essay should be connected in your main thesis statement. This is important for the over-all cohesiveness of the essay.
- You should be able to provide evidences that will strengthen your support. The paragraphs that you will write should be able to support your thesis statement including the reasons relating to the evidential support you found in different sources.
- Even if you will provide substantial evidences on your thesis statement, it will not hurt to provide and consider other points of view that you will find. Your discussion on the conflicting opinions can substantiate your paper. Most of the time, two paragraphs can be dedicated for this part. However, it will still depend, of course, on the specific guidelines of your professor.
- When writing a conclusion, you should remember that is not all about restating your thesis statement. You should write your conclusion in a way that you relate the thesis statement with the evidences that you have included. You need to have a good conclusion because it is used to wrap up your paper. Your discussion should be able to answer the questions that the readers have in mind. In addition, the conclusion should be able to entice other readers to do further research on your topic.
- Never copy directly from other people’s work. You should write your own paper from scratch. Copying from other sources can jeopardize your paper because of plagiarism.
- When you include pertinent data in your paper, be sure that everything is real and factual. Do not make up statistics.
- Do not be afraid to revise your work as many times as you want. Proofread and edit your paper to make sure that it is error-free.
These are just some of the important things that you need to know about writing an argumentative essay. If you really do not have the skills to write you own paper, you can always delegate your task in a reliable and excellent writing service company like EssayPlanet.org. It will be much smarter to order an argumentative essay from experts instead of wasting your time writing your own and being sorry at the end because you did not get the grade that you need in order to pass a certain subject.
Do not know exactly what you need?
To make sure we have the writer for your assignment, send us everything you have and our expert writers will evaluate your request and generate a free quote!Free Quote