College Admissions and Requirement List
As soon as the students pass out from schools, they have a common list of questions that haunt them all the time. ‘Where should I take admission?’, ‘Which college would promise me a good future?’, ‘what all do I need to get myself into a college?’, ‘How difficult is a college admission?’, or, ‘How to get started with taking admission in college?’ There are so many questions, but a one-stop solution. Looking at a lot of students who had the same worry-list, we thought it better to provide a help in getting all of your questions with respect to college admissions answered.
We understand what all category of questions are revolving in your mind and on the basis of that we have summarized in the below content for you in sections, starting from all the documents you might need, to getting a professional help in being best prepared.
Let’s start off!
- Documents you need
- You might either be having the hardcopy of the college admission application form you brought, and in case you applied online you must take a printout of the form and get it attested.
- Do not forget to note down the registration number as this would be the code for you to follow up the selection chain.
- You also need some passport-size photographs at a lot of places, starting from putting on the college admission applications till the last process after getting selected. Hence, keep a good number of photographs to be on a safer side as compared to running out of photos when needed urgently which carrying along your college admissions application form.
- Mark-sheets of any previous schools or colleges are a mandate and ideally have to be submitted while you are invited for the next step of admission selection. Apart from the original copies do keep some photo-copies of the mark-sheets as in most of the cases you are asked to submit the photo-copies taking your original ones back home.
- Date of birth proof document. Ideally this could be your school mark-sheet, birth certificate or other citizenship identity card. This is very crucial document as the colleges or universities would want to verify your age eligibility before getting you take another step with them.
- If you had been in any other college before applying in the new one, do not forget to carry along your last school’s relieving certificate. And in cases of transfers from one place to another, you would also have to carry your transfer certificate along.
- It is important to also keep a copy of Provisional certificate in cases of applying in a college or university outside your hometown.
- You also need to collect your Character Certificate from the previous school or college as a lot of colleges ask you to submit these documents along with your mark sheets.
- Sometimes, in rare cases you might have to submit the proof of disability, if any.
- Important to know is that you need to make sure of the receiving stamp in case you are sending these certificates by post. You are never in a condition to misplace them.
- It is also good to make a prior list of all the documents your college has marked, to strike them out after taking each one separately.
- Overview of the general admission and selection process
- After you have submitted your documents, the next step coming is to screen each application form and make sure that marks or the credentials the college seeks with respect to each student are met. There is a minimum score criteria in a lot of colleges and on the basis of the mark-sheets you submit, they perform their screening and picking students’ names.
- At times, active involvement in extracurricular activities is also listed under graduate admission requirements, when colleges want to get bright students in all areas.
- If the admission college selection process involved giving any individual test, your test scores would play a major role is being you short-listed.
- Interview is considered to be the last, yet most important in most of the college admissions. Students who clear all the above criteria are scheduled to take an interview and every college has its own set of questions while picking students from this last step. Ideally, what is common in all the colleges taking interviews is that they all look for multi-faceted personalities, bright in academics as well as doing well in other non-academic tasks. As interviews are a very crucial step and in most of the cases, students feel stressed with even the name of facing interviews, if you have any such fear and need college admission assistance, we might be able to help you get confidently prepared for your interview. Check out some of our sample questions and we extend college admission help with answering them best suited as per your personality and skills.
- Factors affecting selection
- If a student has an outstanding talent because of which he/she might have won several awards and accolades, they get an extra push for admission for college.
- Students passing aptitude tests with high scores are kept high in priority list by selectors.
- Involvement into any community services in the past and such similar achievements are highly valued for any freshman admission requirements.
- Having prior employment, if any, also helps.
- Help getting selected
This is another very important area you wanted to know about, as it is question of your future. You definitely need a full hand-holding dealing with your dream college or university admission requirements. We have dealt with a lot of students of diverse needs and personalities and guarantee giving the best-in-class admission services. Contact us to talk through all you might need and to know all we have to offer to you. We have diverse experience about admission requirements and how to get you prepared with them. We also provide college admission tips. In need for any college admission advice, there is no time to waste; hence taking an action now is what winners do!
Do not know exactly what you need?
To make sure we have the writer for your assignment, send us everything you have and our expert writers will evaluate your request and generate a free quote!Free Quote