Writing College Application Essay
Aspiring to get into your dream college? But as soon as the thought of college application essay prompts you are not sure where to reach out to for help. You must be worried thinking ‘How to write a college application essay?’ and we are glad to notify you that you have reached the right destination to help you with your college application essay, right from giving you a step-by-step methodical hand-holding to having a stand-apart college essay as the final product.
Why does College Application Essays exist at the first place?
If this is the question you asked yourself as soon as you got informed about passing the college essay test, we are there to extend college application essay help answering these questions. The college application essay is a critical step taken by good colleges and universities to make sure that the students entering their buildings are bright and deserving. And in some cases, this method is used only when there are two or more students competing for one college seat with same marks. With the help of college essay, the smartest students get in. It does sound tensed but do not worry. If you have the right technique and way with words to express the best in you, you will surely have it.
Now as you got aware of the reason behind colleges taking the essay for college application, we will help you get your college essay done in the form of 2 most important titles, summarized to present the crux of everything you need to know.
- Easy guidelines to write college application essay
- To Do’s and Not To Do’s while writing your essay
Get yourself ready with your stationary and we can start off immediately.
Easy guidelines to write college application essay:
Rather than putting a lot of content in each paragraph leaving you with no idea of what should come first and what second, we prefer to write small but multiple steps below to give you an accurate picture of the 1st step till the last in the desired order. Proceed reading if you are ready for writing a college application essay for yourself.
- Take a minute to make a list of all the interests you have, including all your significant achievements and accolades earned.
- Write a couple of lines about how you would define yourself in the shortest possible way. Do not write hypothetical situations or about any movie star or book author you get motivated with. You might succeed to become like them tomorrow but today, for the purpose of college application essay, we advise you to write about what you are today.
- Be honest, to the best of your conscience, because this is something most appreciated by the admission team. They go through hundreds of college essays everyday and are masters in picking out the cloudy ones.
- Think from the point of view of the person sitting in the selection committee chair, as to what kind of essay paper would he like to go through till the end and not just trash immediately. Ideally, the ones with clear motive, simple language, neat looks and correct grammar get picked more than any other application essay.
- Start making rough notes of everything you think of. Do not worry about re-reading and getting demotivated at this stage. You have enough time to come up with something that reads great. We are just in the basic planning stage. Organizing is yet to come.
- Start collecting the content on the basis of related ones aside. Those related to your idea about yourself or vision, put them aside; those related to your interests and hobbies, keep them aside; and similarly, all the achievements and accolades should go in one group.
- Start re-reading the content to make sure it makes sense.
- Start looking for replacing those words which are either difficult for a common individual to understand and then re-read to make sure every line sounds simple.
- Come up with a catchy opening. Apart from all the points mentioned above, that make your college essay stand apart from a viewer’s standpoint, there is an attractive and intelligent opening that gives you a cutting edge over all the other students in the race.
- Try to write as much as possible in points and bullets, rather than making pithy passages. Lengthy content loses the reader faster than the precise and short ones.
- Proofread the entire content at least twice to make sure you remove all the possible punctuation and grammar errors coming your way. It is also advisable to seek a professional help to get your essay proofread if you are not sure of what mistakes you might have done. This step is critical and you are in no position to do any blunders with this.
- Make the document look clean and spacey. Put proper indentation; arrange the related information with enough spaces between paragraphs. Put numbers or bullets if needed.
- Any quotes could be italicized to make sure they are in position to catch attention.
- Check example college application essays from our available sources to match how close you are.
To Do’s and Not To Do’s while writing your college essay
Now, after having taken some time to write your college application essay, there are certain key areas you cannot afford to leave untouched in order to make sure your essay doesn’t look like any other common college application essay and gets picked immediately.
1. To Do’s:
- Make sure to write your introduction in the simplest possible yet attractive language.
- Show your essay to couple of friends or peer to collect some feedback on how they think your essay does in impressing them. Make changes on the basis of their feedback. Feedbacks succeed to get your some effective college application essay tips.
- Make short sentences. Writing long sentences isn’t considered to be a good piece of work and in most cases the selectors lose interest in knowing the content.
Not To Do’s:
- Avoid writing long texts. It succeeds in creating boredom and in getting your essay out of race.
- Do not over-write about yourself, it looks unimpressive and unnecessary exaggeration.
- Do not showcase yourself as someone you are impressed with, but in reality you do not resemble his/her personality. This will lead to you failing in justifying your entire essay. Be honest and simple in expression, it helps the most.
- Consider checking 100 successful college application essays to see what the successful students did.
We understand, writing college application essays isn’t a job of one day. If you still do not have confidence about your writing college application essays and feel that you very often do the mistakes that we have touched in the content above, this is your time to take our help, as you do not have chances to ignore these points and later fail in your college essays. We provide the best-in-class essays for college applications that get you an extra edge in this crucial step in life and with the expertise and experience we carry in this field, we deliver high quality college essay papers. You may quickly check out a sample for college application essay format and some college application essays examples and contact us without wasting any time and we can get started for you.
Do not know exactly what you need?
To make sure we have the writer for your assignment, send us everything you have and our expert writers will evaluate your request and generate a free quote!Free Quote