Learn The Compare and Contrast Definition
The compare and contrast definition is a kind of essay that can compare or contrast anything. To put emphasis on the similarities of something is the way how to write comparison essay. The way to write contrasting essay is to fully put an emphasis on the differences of the topic. Usually, people use compare and contrast when choosing something related to making a good decision.
With compare and contrast format of essay, writers use two organizational ways. The first is the block organization divided in four paragraphs. The other is the alternating sequence of ideas or the point by point that are written with five paragraphs.
On this method compare and contrast paper format, the information about the first item must be parallel with the second item. If the paper you are working on is short, this is the perfect method to use. This kind must have a unity all throughout the paper, to ensure that it does, these guidelines can help:
- The subtopics of first item must also be present in the second item.
- The subtopics must be in the same order in both items being discussed.
- All the subtopics of the second item should be a reminder of the points already discussed in the same subtopics of the first item.
Writing the block organization of compare and contrast paragraph:
Part 1: It contains the introduction that can catch the attention of the readers. The purpose must be stated that can discuss the differences of the topic being compared or contrasted.
Part 2: this part would have the first item that you wish to compare.
Part 3: this would have the other item that you are comparing.
Part 4: this is the conclusion part. It summarizes the ideas listed in the first few paragraphs. Make sure that reader will be left with some good impression about the topic.
Point-by Point method
This method works well for longer papers and those with a couple of subtopics in it. This is the pattern of choice when there are two main similarities or differences that must be discussed.
Writing the point by point organization with five paragraphs
Part 1: Again, start with the compare and contrast introduction that can catch the attention of the readers. The purpose of the essay must be discussed.
Part 2: the first difference must be pointed out at this paragraph.
Part 3: the second apparent difference must be explained.
Part 4: the third noticeable difference must be discussed.
Part 5: this would have the conclusion of the compare and contrast paragraph topics.
Some things that must be considered and remembered when working on a compare contrast paper:
- Ensure to know the type of the organizational method to be used. No matter if you will use the block arrangement or the point by point organization for the definition of compare and contrast, what’s important is that you are familiar on how to write it. If you are fully aware of what would be the effective organization to use, you can appropriately write your thought about the essay and your readers will likewise be able to follow your ideas well.
- Organization statement. Keep in mind that it is always ideal to have a straight line for development especially for comparison and contrast definition essays. This can properly tell your readers or audience the point that you will tell them. Clarity is an important objective in whatever academic writing you are working on. The statement of the organization can provide the ideas in front and at the center. Always write with clarity.
- Your audience must always be taken into account. Once you are done with the definition of compare and contrast essay, make sure that you proofread it from the view of a reader. This way, you can see how you will react to the ideas written and if they can understand your point.
- Always say everything that you wish to say in the define comparison and contrast essay. It is ideal that the paper you are writing will consist of your own perspective and point of view. This is regardless of what topic you wish to write about. It is important to write based on your own way of thinking.
Effective ways to write the best compare and contrasting essays:
- Carefully select the items or things to be compared or contrasted. These items must be somewhat related with each other.
- Compare only based on one particular organized idea.
- Select the method of development that can work well on how you organize ideas.
- For support, simply use relevant examples.
- Provide an equal treatment for the elements that you will discuss on the contrast compare essay.
- To help readers to quickly comprehend the similarities and the differences of the topic, the use of transitional phrases and words are advised.
- The compare and contrast conclusion must be a restatement of the thesis, with the summary of the main thoughts and the readers must have the final say about the similarities and differences read.
The real reason behind writing an essay that has the define compare and contrast is to find the similarities (compare) and to also find the differences (contrast). It is just common to people to find it challenging to write such kind of paper. The reality is, this is not a known kind of assignment not like the research papers, term papers, thesis and the like that we always hear a lot. The thing is, you can already be doing compare and contrast as part of the essay yet you are not fully aware of. If in case, you would still not be able to manage to properly write one, there are companies that are willing to help. They can write such kind of essay on your behalf and you will have the guarantee that it will be exactly like how you want it to be. With such, your desired paper can be achieved effortlessly from your part.
Do not know exactly what you need?
To make sure we have the writer for your assignment, send us everything you have and our expert writers will evaluate your request and generate a free quote!Free Quote