How to write a film-analysis essay – the specifics
Film analysis essays are papers in which you will have to analyze an element (or elements) of a film which you have been given to write about, or if you´re lucky, a film which you have chosen. An analysis such as this should be solid and specific. Everything you say should have a backbone and it is a good idea to watch the film at least twice before you put pen to paper. Although it is advisable to take notes the second or third time you watch it and extremely prudent to have the film to hand while you are writing the paper itself.
A standard film analysis essay outline should include the following:
- An introduction to the film
- A statement about your analysis
- Examples rich in detail
- A concluding paragraph
- A final statement
More in depth film analysis example essays will be provided in the following section. This means you will be able to use them as your guide when it comes to writing your own:
A film analysis essay example in terms of the introduction would look something like this:
- An introduction sentence pertaining to the film and what the paper aims to discuss exactly.
A film analysis essay sample of an analysis statement is provided:
The director of this film wanted to use scary music but why was it important to the film? This paper will discuss the reasons why.
An example of a film analysis essay related to the example section could look something like this:
- Make sure the details tie in with which element you are analysing.
- Introduce each example of the film you give tying it in with those elements.
- Use film jargon throughout. It is good to familiarise yourself with the vocabulary related to your field, and film is no exception. Not only will it make you look like you know exactly what you´re talking about, you´ll probably be given a higher grade for it too.
Here is a little sample film analysis essay related to the concluding paragraph
In sum, the director used this type of music in the soundtracks because he wanted to fill the viewers with a sense of fear even before they watched it. He wanted to give them a slight introduction as to what the film was going to entail, and with the clear sharp notes, he did just that.
Finally, your own opinion is exactly that; your own. Just make sure it relates to the elements you are analysing. For example, if your essay is related to the soundtrack don’t go giving your opinion about how you weren’t in agreement with the ending of the film. This is not what is being discussed. Stay specific and you won’t go wrong.
Do not know exactly what you need?
To make sure we have the writer for your assignment, send us everything you have and our expert writers will evaluate your request and generate a free quote!Free Quote